Performance Scholarship Application For Coastal Bend College Students
Scholarship Application Form
Beeville Community Chorus
P. O. Box 1843
Beeville, Texas 78104
Cell Phone Number: area code (_____)_______________________________
- Are you currently enrolled at Coastal Bend College? Yes_____No_____
- If you know at this time, list the major you are pursuing. _______________
- What experiences have you had singing in a choir? ___________________
- Do you sing soprano, alto, tenor, or bass? ___________________________
- Are you currently a member of a choir? Yes_____ No _____ If yes, where?
- After being informed of dates and times of rehearsals and performances, will your weekly schedule prevent you from being in attendance? Yes_____ No _____ If yes, please explain. ____________________________
- Do you play a musical instrument or instruments? Yes_____ No_____ If yes, please list. _______________________________________
- If granted a financial scholarship from the Beeville Community Chorus, how would the financial aid help you fulfill your responsibilities as a member of the organization?
Please read the responsibilities and requirements of the scholarship below before submitting your application.
BEEVILLE COMMUNITY CHORUS REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE COASTAL BEND COLLEGE PERFORMANCE SCHOLARSHIP RECIEPIENT
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE APPLICANT:
Please read the following requirements and responsibilities of the recipient of the performance scholarship before you submit the application.
The amount of the scholarship is $200 per semester provided the following requirements and responsibilities are followed:
1. Attend weekly rehearsals at the Gertrude R. Jones Performing Arts Building – Coastal Bend College – Beeville Campus on Tuesday evening from 7:00-8:30 pm. If a rehearsal can not be attended, scholarship recipient is to contact their section leader. More than three (3) rehearsals missed during the semester could result in non-renewal of the scholarship.
2. Attend scheduled performances. If a performance can not be attended, scholarship recipient is to contact their section leader. Performances are equivalent to a final exam. Missing a performance could result in non-renewal of the scholarship.
3. A performance dress is checked out and furnished by the Beeville Community Chorus for the women. However, women are expected to furnish a single strand of white pearls and black flat dress shoes. No flip flops or tennis shoes allowed.
4. A performance tux coat, trousers, cummerbund, and bow-tie are checked out and furnished for the men. However, men are expected to furnish a white dress shirt, black socks, and black dress shoes. No flip flops or tennis shoes allowed.
After reading the above list of requirements and responsibilities, please sign below indicating that you agree with each item above and you wish to submit your application by emailing to the email address or mailing your application to the post office box address listed on the application form.
Applicant’s signature ________________________________ Date _______________